Sunday, February 13, 2011

I am mad at Flickr...

First of all, the former English teacher in me is wondering why the "e" is missing in "Flickr." Is that necessary?

Then the frustrated grad student in me is ready to throw her laptop across the room after spending an hour attempting to link my Flickr account to this blog. I thought it would be nice to have my pictures show up here, and a good tool to know. Though it is fairly easy to upload photos on to Flickr (though honestly, not as quick or intuitive as other programs I've used in this class, like this blog or Twitter), I have found their Help section to be buried - they direct you to their Help forum first, which is just others' questions.

I guess it would be okay to just have the Flickr account for photos and just drop the blog issue, but I am trying to master these programs in order to use them in my professional and personal lives...so I am frustrated that I'm having this much trouble. Flickr's "test blog" worked and showed up here (I deleted it); why can't I get my own pictures here? I don't want just a link - or is a link all you can get for your own pictures? Can you only blog other people's photos, and if so, why? Is it because this is a Google application and Flickr seems to be connected to Yahoo (thouugh I signed in through my Google account)??

Hopefully my next post will be more positive and full of blogging/picture sharing success...

No comments:

Post a Comment